Career and Employment Opportunities
ICF/DD Food Service Supervisor:
Education and/or Experience:
- Two-year degree preferred or equivalent experience in Food Service or related profession.
- Safe Serve Certification required.
- Experience supervising, training, evaluating and supporting employees.
- Previous experience and basic knowledge of food purchasing, handling, family style cooking for small and large groups, following recipes, carrying out special dietary needs, and budgeting
Position Overview of Responsibilities:
· Plan, direct, coordinate, and carry out all activities of the Food Service Department for Lancer with ordering responsibilities for Houston Apts.
Full-time & Part-time positions: ABLE has full-time and part-time positions available in La Crescent, Houston, Caledonia. These positions include Direct Support Professionals and Awake Overnight positions. Employees must have the ability and desire to work with people who have developmental disabilities or related conditions. Starting wage is $11.55 up to $12.00 an hour after meeting training and other requirements. Awake Overnight positions pay an extra $1.25-an-hour awake overnight bonus on top of the regular wage. All advertised positions pay an extra $1-per-hour weekend bonus. Must be able to be cleared to drive for the agency per ABLE’s liability insurance.
Submit your resume, which should include all information requested on ABLE’s application to HR Director, 1700 Lancer Blvd., La Crescent, MN 507-895-8111 x 1108 FAX 507-895-4505
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
In order to attract and retain quality employees, ABLE offers competitive wages and a broad variety of benefits to best meet the needs of our employees and their families. For more information on the High Deductible Health Plan, click here.
- High Deductible Health Plan/Health Savings Account
- Dental Insurance
- Base & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Generous Personal Leave Time
- Paid Holidays not worked
- 401k Savings & Retirement Plan
- Flexible schedules
- Shift differentials
- Bereavement Leave
- Training and Education programs
- Wellness Initiatives
- Wellness Activity Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Critical illness
Benefits vary according to position and hours worked
ABLE, Inc., provides and pays for all orientation, upon hire. A variety of topics are covered including the Minnesota Maltreatment Act, Rights of the People Supported, Universal Precautions for Infection Control, Emergency Procedures, and “hands on” training within the homes of the people supported.
ABLE, Inc., is committed to providing continued training and educational opportunities related to the services being performed as part of the employee’s duties. These trainings include but are not limited to:
- First Aid
- Physical Intervention Alternatives
- Trained Medication Aide Certification
Other training opportunities are also available and offered throughout the course of employment. Most internal trainings are conducted by current ABLE, Inc., employees who have had the opportunity to become certified to teach the course.