Career and Employment Opportunities
Professional positions available in Caledonia, Houston, and La Crescent: $11.55-$12.00/hour (offers a weekend bonus of $1 per hour).
Full-time & Part-time positions: ABLE has full-time and part-time positions available in La Crescent, Houston, Caledonia. These positions include Direct Support Professionals and Awake Overnight positions. Employees must have the ability and desire to work with people who have developmental disabilities or related conditions. Starting wage is $11.55 up to $12.00 an hour after meeting training and other requirements. Awake Overnight positions pay an extra $1.25-an-hour awake overnight bonus on top of the regular wage. All advertised positions pay an extra $1-per-hour weekend bonus. Must be able to be cleared to drive for the agency per ABLE’s liability insurance. CNA experience is helpful but not required.
Full-time OR Part-time; RN preferred or LPN Nurse to join our Nursing Team:
This is primarily a M-F position with some flexibility in scheduled hours.
- Provide case management in accordance with the Service Plans, physician’s instructions and individual needs of people supported.
- Prefer experience supporting people with Developmental Disabilities.
- Train, evaluate, and support direct care staff.
- Provide medically related training for all employees.
- Research, interpret, and carry out legislative policy as required by MN DHS, OSHA, and other licensing entities.
- Agency wide On Call responsibilities.
- MN Nursing License required.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Acceptable driving record.
- Work independently and with the team embracing and carrying out ABLE’s Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
Apply online or submit cover letter & resume with employment reference contacts and salary requirements to Joan Mitchell. firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
In order to attract and retain quality employees, ABLE offers competitive wages and a broad variety of benefits to best meet the needs of our employees and their families. For more information on the High Deductible Health Plan, click here.
- High Deductible Health Plan/Health Savings Account
- Dental Insurance
- Base & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Generous Personal Leave Time
- Paid Holidays not worked
- 401k Savings & Retirement Plan
- Flexible schedules
- Shift differentials
- Bereavement Leave
- Training and Education programs
- Wellness Initiatives
- Wellness Activity Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Critical illness
Benefits vary according to position and hours worked
ABLE, Inc., provides and pays for all orientation, upon hire. A variety of topics are covered including the Minnesota Maltreatment Act, Rights of the People Supported, Universal Precautions for Infection Control, Emergency Procedures, and “hands on” training within the homes of the people supported.
ABLE, Inc., is committed to providing continued training and educational opportunities related to the services being performed as part of the employee’s duties. These trainings include but are not limited to:
- First Aid
- Physical Intervention Alternatives
- Trained Medication Aide Certification
Other training opportunities are also available and offered throughout the course of employment. Most internal trainings are conducted by current ABLE, Inc., employees who have had the opportunity to become certified to teach the course.